Advice Time!

I really really need some input on this one! I am STUMPED!

I figure since we're overhauling our main floor with new floors and new dining chairs, we might as well upgrade the cheap dining table while we're at it.

Hmmmm. Dining table. Wait. Don't I have one in the garage?

Yup.


Well, half of a table at least.

I bought a chrome dining table base a year ago at that amazing wonderful heaven of an interior design warehouse sale. It was $75. Score!

It has no top though, and I am still really torn as to what I should do. I've already attempted one option. I bought a bunch of pine treated 2 by 6's, had them cut to size, and was ready to use the Pinterest technique to age the wood to make it look, well aged, or beached, until I was quickly taught that 2 by 6's are NOT 2 inches by 6 inches. ARGH. I spent close to $100 on my special wood, to come home and find my measurements were so wrong. Major fail.

So, a year later, my beautiful table base is still in the garage. I really want it to come inside and keep my new chairs company.

I've thought of a glass top, but if my side tables are any indication, glass tops scratch easily and look dirty quickly.

I would love white marble, but let's be honest, I'm not buying a white marble table top any day soon. Cha ching that I do not want to spend.

What other options can you guys think of? What would YOU do?