Easy DIY | Painted Dollar Store Wine Rack

Sometimes it's the smallest, easiest, and cheapest of projects that can bring the most joy.

Take this wine rack par exemple.


I found this beauty for $1.50 at an independent dollar store a couple of years ago (shocking that it's not Dollorama, hey?). As soon as I spotted it, I appreciated the simple design. It was painted black wood, with rope at both the top and the bottom (I removed the bottom rope before painting in the photo above). 

I am now kicking myself for not buying every single one they carried- you honestly couldn't make this thing for even close to what it cost to buy.



I used it as is in our previous home, and when we moved, I stashed it away as I didn't know what to do with it.

I finally decided to give it a little new life and whipped out my one dolla Martha Stewart paint samples. I mixed my own blend of Arucuan Teal and Sea Glass to find a medium tone that I loved.


Easy switch up, but the colour makes me happy! Add in a few bottles of Christian Lacroix Evian water I bought at Homesense a while back, and for a few bucks I've got a snazzy looking accessory for my buffet.



I love the way that sunlight filters through the bottles. So pretty.

Any easy switch ups you've done lately that have made a big impact?