No Dollorama? No problemo!

I've been feeling a bit bad lately. Ever since my feature on iHeart Organizing, I've had so many people ask which dollar store I bought my glass pantry storage from. When I found out that Dollorama was a Canadian chain I was shocked. Not often do we get goodies that aren't available to our American counterparts, so I assumed that there must be an American Dollorama, or at least a comparable store with a less crappy selection than other dollar stores.

Well, fellow Canucks, seems as though for once, we actually have a better store than in the States. I never thought I would see the day (and to be honest I would still give up Dollorama for all the TJMaxx's and Trader Joe's in the US).

I really wanted to be able to find a solution that pretty much everyone would have access to, so when a good friend emailed me about these Ikea storage containers I jumped with glee! Yippee! Affordable storage for all! I think my official slogan should read "Jen: Changing Pantries, One Kitchen at a Time," no?

Anyways, take look see at the DROPPAR line from Ikea. Perhaps I'm slow, but I swear these were not there when I was at Ikea last month. Are they new? Am I the last one to arrive at the party?



They come in a variety of sizes, but a 4 by 7 inch jar is $3.99. Sure it's still double the Dollorama price, but it's still WAY cheaper than most of the containers out there on the market.

Anyone have these? Thoughts?