Cocktail Party Invitations

I had a really great DIY project and post planned for today, but I left my optometry appointment this morning with more than a contact lens prescription. My pupils were HUGELY dilated from the drops they used, and I even had to wear these super ghetto old man sunglass shields behind my glasses because daylight was too much for my eyes to handle, not to mention a computer or phone screen. Couldn't even read my text messages!



Other than the usual cleaning and laundry I do on days off, I did sneak in enough time to whip up these invites. One of my good groups of girlfriends and I get together every month or two at someone's house. The number who attend varies, but consistently there's at least 6 of us. We take turns hosting so usually host once or twice a year, and next month I get to play hostess with the mostess. We drink champagne, eat delish food, and gab all night. My friend Meghan's hubby dubbed us the Champagne Mafia a couple of years ago and it has stuck ever since.

Anyways, the point of this post is that I LOVE actual invites. I do not judge if you invite me somewhere via facebook or evite, but I personally love the look and feel of an actual paper invite. For me, especially, they are super easy to whip up, and since I'm a lover of all things old fashioned, I appreciate the nod to the past in which things were amiably formal.

And, gosh, I'm starting to get embarrassed by my constant mention of the dollar store, but I got this set of 10 invites (paper, backing and envelope) for just $2 making these 20 cents a piece. Best of all, this set by Peter Pauper Press sells on their website for $10. Shabang! Oh Dollorama, how I heart you <3

Now I am off to get ready for Champagne Mafia hosted at girlfriends tonight! It her first time hosting and is sure to be smashing good time!