GOMA: 21st Century Art

I have been long over due for a cultrual interaction, so what better excuse to go have a look at whats on at the GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art). This summer to mark the end of the first decade of this millennium the gallery presents '21st Century: Art in the First Decade'. Alluring and ingenious I found my self captivated and reading little blurbs all over the place to get a better understanding of what this exhibition was trying to portray. Showcasing over 200 pieces of work by 140 artists from 40 different countries, I was there for over 2 hours.  I highly recommend this exhibition, as it's appropriate for all ages ... except for un-interested boyfriends.
21st Century’ is a multi-platform project also incorporating a blog, highly innovative public programs,  interactive artists’ projects for children and families, three film programs and two important publications.  Over the past decade, technological, political and environmental issues have had direct global effects reflected in contemporary art. This exhibition examines current directions in art practice and also the conditions for art and exhibition making in the 21st century. - Check out the blog here
I tried to capture some of the most interesting pieces as best as I could without the use of flash.