Skype Continues To Change The World

I know, I am a laggard, a luddite. I don't use Skype, yet. But, I know millions of people do, and I know that it is changing the world, and I know that "changing the world" is cool.

Skype is now previewing a new service, Skypecast. Also, very cool.
"Skypecasts are live, moderated conversations allowing groups of up to 100 people from anywhere in the world to talk to one another."
Why should we pay for expensive teleconferencing solutions anymore? This could change everything from "earnings calls" to run-of-the-mill press briefings.

I can't wait for some wise-ass financial analyst to ask a CFO, "You've spent much of this earnings call discussing how you are trimming expenses - how much did you spend with AT&T on this hour-long teleconference line? Why not just Skypecast it?"

Has it been long enough, yet? --- has the phrase "paradigm shift" been in the penalty box long enough that we can now dust it off again for the Web 2.0 era?

Hat-tip to B.L. Ochman.