You Blog Through The Lifecycle & It All Goes To Shit, Anyway

I think we're maybe getting sick of each other.

Josh Hallett takes us through the lifecycle of a PR blogger, and, damn... it all sounds too true; it is almost painful to recognize yourself with such eery accuracy. (Josh, I'm at Stage 5, I think. But I'll admit to shades of #6: nothing against Steve, but MicroPersuasion seems so Web 2.0 focused; not enough PR content for my taste. Thankfully I sense enough of #7 on the psychic horizon that I think I'll be traipsing right past Stage #6, soon enough.)

The ever-upbeat Jeneane Sessum tells us that we might reach blogging nirvana ... but who cares? It's going to go to shit, anyway.

Not that that imminent shitstorm has put off some of our favorite peers from begging for linklove. You'd think that this blogging stuff was paying the bills, or something. If links = dollars, Scott, let us know.

Last but not least, and speaking of blogosphere whoredom, the entire peer group gets all wiggy over the debut of a tarted-up gossip column that will assuredly run out of ideas before long. If my fellow bloggers and PR pros are at all like me, they are living happy, relatively boring lives compared to what you'd read at Defamer. (See earlier post for details on Strumpette: the clever vixen will get no more linklove from me.)

So.... why are we doing this, again?