Ask & Ye Shall Receive (Maybe)

Not a week goes by after I call-out some emerging PR techniques that I get some validation!

I was in a pitch just yesterday, trying to convince the VP of Marketing at a fast-moving, innovative company that SHIFT Communications was one of the few firms that could keep pace with his company's bold vision and damn-the-torpedoes momentum. In the course of our conversation, we got to talking about ideas that might fall outside the traditional PR "box."

I brought up the idea of Rapid-Reaction SEM campaigns, and how a PR firm - properly empowered with budget, and fully entrusted with communications strategy - could help control the online dialogue when outside events occurred in the industry and/or on the competitive front. He "got it" immediately. If we win his business, I am going to make sure that this concept is on the table early-on: hopefully I'll be able to report back on the win, and the ensuing results...